- Deadline for Abstract Submission: 23:59, Monday, 31 May 2021 (GMT+8)
- Notification of Acceptance: Wednesday~Friday, 23~25 June 2021 (GMT+8)
- Deadline for Authors Registration: To be Announced
The SECC-Best of SCCM Congress 2021 Taipei, a hybrid physical and online international conference, is going to be held on Sep. 10 to 12 in 2021, in Taipei, Taiwan. This conference is co-organized by the Society of Critical Care Medicine (United States), the Taiwan Society of Critical Care Medicine, and the Society of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine. Participants are most welcomed to submit their original abstracts related to Emergency and Critical Care Medicine related fields of investigation to the Congress.
- All abstracts must be submitted and be received on or before May 31, 2021 through On-line Abstract Submission System.
- Abstracts must be original and have not been published or presented at any congress prior to the SECC-Best of SCCM Congress 2021 Taipei. The accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstract Book.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee of the SECC-Best of SCCM Congress 2021 Taipei and reviewing results will be announced by emailing a notice of acceptance / rejection to presenting authors only by June 23~25, 2021. Instruction for oral / e-poster presentation will be sent to presenting authors of the accepted abstracts. Thus, presenting authors must register and pay the registration fees before Deadline for Early Bird Registration to ensure the rights for the presentation.
- The Scientific Program Committee of the SECC-Best of SCCM Congress 2021 Taipei reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate abstracts either oral or e-poster presentation and to choose a suitable session for the abstract. The authors’ preference of the type of the presentation and theme will be taken into account.
- The number of abstracts for each account is unlimited, however, each accepted paper must have one regular participant registration. In the case of multiple accepted papers of presenting author, each paper is required to be registered under at least one author.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented in either thematic e-Poster Sessions or Oral Sessions presented between 10–12 September 2021.
- Authors of abstracts accepted for presentation MUST be registered delegates and be responsible for all expenses incurred in the production of their presentations, travel and accommodation during the Congress.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correctly edited and accurate abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author. Abstracts will be rejected if they contain no data or if the English is unacceptable. All Presenting Authors will receive, closer to the Congress, detailed presentation guidelines when their abstract/s has/have been accepted.
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Presenting Author’s email address immediately upon submission. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
- All presentations must be in English.
|1. SSC Sepsis 2021 Update||13. Nutrition|
|2. ACLS 2021 Update||14. Early Recovery after Intensive Care|
|3. Machine and Deep Learning in Emergency and Critical Care||15. Multidisciplinary Team Work|
|4. COVID-19||16. Quality and Patient Safety|
|5. Hemodynamic Optimization||17. Critical Care Communication|
|6. Respiratory Critical Care and ARDS||18. Shared Decision Making|
|7. Infection: Antibiotics ana Antifungal agents||19. Palliative Care|
|8. Blood Purification||20. Nursing|
|9. Renal Critical Care and AKI||21. Medication|
|10. Neuro Intensive Care||22. Others|
|11. Delirium and PADIS Guidelines||23. Cardiac Critical Care|
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The abstract must be written and presented in English.
- All the works intended to present at the congress should be submitted as abstracts.
- No encore abstracts are accepted.
- Abstracts must contain original data and meet international ethical standards.
- The abstract title and the author(s) or names of institutions are not to be included in the abstract text.
- Standard abbreviations may be employed in the text. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full wording at the first time the full wording appears in the body of the text.
- Non-proprietary (generic) names of drugs, written in lower case, are required at the first mention of a drug.
- Trade names are not allowed.
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts
Please read the following instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
To ensure that the Abstract Submission System will work properly, the pop-up blocker of your internet browser needs to be turned off and cookies should be enabled. Abstract authors should not split data to create several abstracts from one data set. If splitting is deemed to have occurred, scores of related abstracts may be reduced or abstracts simply rejected.
- The Title of the Abstract:
- Should be less than 120 characters (including space and punctuations).
- Identifying information such as author or institution names should not be included in the title.
- Each word should begin with a Capital Letter with the exception of transition words.
- NO full stop (or period) at the end and NO underlining.
Example:○Treatment of Food Allergy in Taiwan
×TREATMENT OF FOOD ALLERGY in JAPAN.
- The Body of the Abstract:
- A maximum of 2000 characters is allowed.
- Images and tables may be included in the abstract.
- An acceptable Structure of an abstract must consist of the following components.
- Introduction: A statement of purpose of the study (preferably one sentence).
- Objectives: A statement of the hypothesis or research question.
- Methods: An explanation of the study design and experimental methods used.
- Results: A concise summary of the major findings of the experiment or study. Sufficient data must be provided to permit evaluation by the reviewers and public reading the abstracts. Statements such as "the data will be discussed" are not acceptable.
- Conclusion(s): Summary of the overall findings and the importance of the study.
- Reference(s): the use of a source of information in order to ascertain something.
- Grant Acknowledgement: to show thanks or appreciation or to recognize someone's efforts or accomplishments
- Authors are strongly advised to ensure the accuracy of the submitted abstracts. Any mistakes in literature or in scientific facts will be published as what is typed.
- Abstracts should not contain proprietary or confidential information.
- The signing author certifies that any work with human or animal subjects related in this abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures as set forth in the Declaration of Helsinki and related publications.
- Submitting an abstract also certifies that at the time of submission, the scientific material found within the abstract has not been presented at any other meeting and will not be published in other than abstract form prior to the SECC-Best of SCCM Congress 2021 Taipei.
- Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the automatic rejection of the abstract.
On-line Abstract Submission
- Complete the abstract submission form at On-line Abstract Submission System.You will be given detailed instructions on how to proceed.
- Each abstract can only be submitted once. The same abstract cannot be submitted for consideration in different award prize/paper categories.
- The indication of the preferable presentation type (Oral Presentation / Poster Presentation / Either) is required.
- An acknowledgement of the receipt of the abstract will be sent automatically to the presenting author by e-mail upon the online submission.
- For those who has difficulty in accessing the on-line abstract submission system, please contact the SECC-Best of SCCM Congress 2021 Taipei Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact congress secretariat, email@example.com, if any query.